Inspiration for the week
Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign:
Behold, the young woman who is unmarried and a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel [God with us].
Isaiah 7:14 AMPC
This Weeks Message
The Son of David Series
The 3rd message is "Waiting"
based on Luke 1: 46-55
We welcome new arrivals and visitors almost every week here at HCC. As Egypt is in the crossroads of the Middle East, there are frequent visitors and newcomers. Of course, this also means that people leave to move back to their home country or on to another location. So we cherish each worship service and gathering with those who are here.
As the new pastor of HCC it is a priority to communicate to you how deeply you are loved by God. I commit myself to allowing God to display his love through me. That means Kathy and I are available any time to love, listen, and pray with you. We understand the unique challenges of expatriate living and have compassion for the special challenges you face.
We believe that fellowship with other believers and seekers is a valuable spiritual activity. So we urge you to gather with us at HCC so that we can mutually bless one another with the gift of fellowship.
Pastor Dan and Kathy Stump
Welcome to Heliopolis Community Church where the body of Christ from around the world comes together to worship our living Savior. Whether you are just vacationing in Egypt or moving here to stay, we invite you to come to worship with us.
HCC is an international and interdenominational church. On any given Friday there may be 20 to 25 different nationalities represented in our service. We also have a very wide range of denominational backgrounds and our goal is to make everyone feel comfortable as they come into His presence to worship. Every time we meet, it reminds us of Revelation 5:9 which says that there were people “…from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.” We truly lay aside all of our differences and focus on what we have in common, the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior.
Friday Worship Service starts at 9am:
- This Friday, December 15th, starts the 3rd week of the observance of Advent. We will read the scriptures and light the 3rd purple candle on the Advent Wreath as we prepare our hearts for Christmas. This 3rd week’s Advent theme is “Proclamation of Joy.”
We will continue with our preaching series entitled, “The Son of David.” This week is the 3rd message which is entitled “Waiting.” The scripture reference is Luke 1: 46-55.
Please remember the Children’s Christmas Program which starts at 6pm Friday evening.
It is truly a blessing that we are able to worship, pray and fellowship with believers from all corners of the globe. Welcome!
Children’s Christian Education:
- Friday School (Sunday School – only on Friday) meets for classes appropriate for their age every week. We now have 2 classes for the younger and older kids.
- The nursery still meets in their own room.
- Our HCC Small Groups usually meet weekly in various locations around Heliopolis and the area. They are, however, mostly on break for the summer. Please check this spot again in September for updated information. [email protected].
HCC contact information:
- Call +(02) 2414-2409 or email us at [email protected]